Accelerate Michigan Opens Applications for 2016 Student Pitch Competition
Accelerate Michigan is now accepting applications for the 2016 Student Accelerate Michigan Pitch Competition. The competition allows student-led, Michigan-based teams to pitch their business venture ideas, meet with investors, and win $20K to put toward their venture. All current student entrepreneurs in Michigan are welcome to apply through the deadline on October 9, 2016. To apply, applicants must answer a series of questions about their business venture idea and submit a link to a one minute video that describes the key aspects of said idea. All applicants must also follow all competition rules and guidelines:
- The company or idea MUST be majority (over 50%) owned by students.
- All University grade levels are accepted.
- The company or idea cannot have over $10,000 in revenue, including third party investment.
- Your entry can just be an idea and not a legally formed entity. However, if a legal entity has been formed, the earliest incorporation date cannot be before March 29, 2015.
- If you have previously competed at Student Accelerate, you are not eligible to apply.
- Student Accelerate follows many of the same AMIC eligibility & guidelines, which can be found here.
A panel of judges will review the applications, and the top-ranked teams will compete in the semi-finals at Cobo Center in Detroit on November 3, 2016 during the Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition. Semi-finalists will be asked to use a pitch deck to deliver a four minute pitch describing their business venture idea to a panel of judges.
This news was originally published on our partner's site, at the MSU Innovation Center.
About the Michigan State University Foundation
Established in 1973 as an independent non-profit, the Michigan State University Foundation is committed to the commercialization of cutting-edge technologies invented by MSU faculty, staff, and students. The MSU Foundation’s overarching goal is to support research, innovation, and entrepreneurship at the University. Additionally, the MSU Foundation operates Spartan Innovations, Red Cedar Ventures, Michigan Rise, and the University Corporate Research Park. More information on the organization’s notable achievements, services, leadership, and history are available at www.msufoundation.org.