Accelerate Michigan is now accepting applications for the 2016 Student Accelerate Michigan Pitch Competition. The competition allows student-led, Michigan-based teams to pitch their business venture ideas, meet with investors, and win $20K to put toward their venture. All current student entrepreneurs in Michigan are welcome to apply through the deadline on October 9, 2016.
To apply, applicants must answer a series of questions about their business venture idea and submit a link to a one minute video that describes the key aspects of said idea. All applicants must also follow all competition rules and guidelines:
- The company or idea MUST be majority (over 50%) owned by students.
- All University grade levels are accepted.
- The company or idea cannot have over $10,000 in revenue, including third party investment.
- Your entry can just be an idea and not a legally formed entity. However, if a legal entity has been formed, the earliest incorporation date cannot be before March 29, 2015.
- If you have previously competed at Student Accelerate, you are not eligible to apply.
- Student Accelerate follows many of the same AMIC eligibility & guidelines, which can be found here.
A panel of judges will review the applications, and the top-ranked teams will compete in the semi-finals at Cobo Center in Detroit on November 3, 2016 during the Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition. Semi-finalists will be asked to use a pitch deck to deliver a four minute pitch describing their business venture idea to a panel of judges.
This news was originally published on our partner’s site, at the MSU Innovation Center.